WooCommerce is the leading online store plugin for WordPress that owns around 4,414,537 live websites and powers 29.35% of online stores.
People worldwide visit online stores for shopping, and their currencies are different from each other. It bothers potential visitors if they do not find their currency exchange rate on your online store and leads to the diversion.
To get rid of this, integrate Currency Switcher for WooCommerce to your online store, which helps calculate the exchange rate of currencies globally.
This blog will help you connect the best currency switcher extension with your WooCommerce store to generate higher conversion and traffic to your online store.
Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is an extension that provides you with one-window shop solutions and gives your customers the power to exchange their currency rates manually. Read another blog on how Currency Switcher for WooCommerce can increase conversions on your WooCommerce store.
What does Currency Switcher offer?
Let’s shed some light on the pinpoints of the Currency Switcher for WooCommerce to get better awareness.
- It levels up your shopping experience by providing you with the ability to select your desired currency.
- It enables you to add multiple currency exchange rates to a single WooCommerce store.
- It allows you to add and display multiple currencies on your shopping cart or checkout page instantly.
- It helps in generating sales by offering a solution to hassling problems to your global customers.
- It is easy to install, configure, and use.
- It updates the currency rates automatically.
- It detects the customers’ country and switches the currency automatically.
- It can be implemented anywhere on a WooCommerce website by inserting the shortcode.
- It allows you to display the currencies either in short forms or flags.
- It shows the selected payment gateways for each currency.
- The users can change the currencies from the shop, cart, and checkout page.
Installation & Integration
To download this plugin, click here.
Once downloaded, sign in to your WordPress admin account and click on Plugin → Add New.
You will see a similar window as shown above. Then click on Upload Plugin and Choose File.
Once the file is uploaded, click on the Install Now button to proceed further.
Activate your plugin once it is installed.
For the plugin’s configuration, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to WooCommerce → WCCS Settings.
- Add the currencies as many as you want from the dropdown menu in the Currencies Section
- Next, you can insert ‘Label Name’ for the selected currency.
- Set your currency’s exchange rate to your default currency. It can be exchanged automatically through the API as well.
- Set the alignment of the currency that will be displayed in the front-end of your online store.
- Next, select the decimal point value of the currency you want to display on the front end.
- You can select the ‘Flag’ of your currency from the dropdown menu.
- Select your payment gateways from the dropdown that are installed on your website.
- You have the option to shuffle the currencies in any order you want.
- Delete any currency from the Actions.
- Now, there are two currency options available. One is fixed that can be adjusted manually, and the other one is API that can be fetched through a method. To do so, follow these steps:
- Select the API radio button.
- Update the rates interval.
- Checkmark on Send Email Whenever a currency is updated, the email will be sent.
- Insert the email address on which you want to receive the emails.
You can set the currency symbols or currency ISO code. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. Currency Symbol
Go to your dashboard → WooCommerce → WCCS Settings. Then pick Symbol from the Currency Display Type option.
2. Currency ISO Code
Go to your dashboard → WooCommerce → WCCS Settings. Then pick ISO Code from the Currency Display Type option.
The “Shop Currency Section” executes purchases in the selected currency. If it is unchecked, then the transaction will be made in the default currency.
The [wcc_rates] shortcode can be pasted anywhere on the website to display currencies’ exchange rates in a separate menu.
Follow the steps below for widget settings.
- Navigate to the Appearance tab.
- Select Widgets and hop on to the WCC Switcher Widget option.
- Pick up your desired place where you want to show the currency switcher option as Widget.
- Next, click on the Add Widget button.
- Type the title and select style from the drop-down menu.
- Hit Done.
That’s how it will look like, as shown below in the screenshot.
Usually, the donation is made in the default currency, but a user can change the currency at the time of checkout.
The widgets can also be used to donate and switch currencies at the checkout page. The payments will be made in the default currency.
To set up a wholesale user, navigate to the Users → Wholesaler – Wholesaler Role.
Once logged in successfully, go shopping and select any wholesale product.
The default currency is USD; you need to select at least five quantities for the wholesale price application.
The currency will be switched to your selected currency after the application of the wholesale rule.
Currency Switcher for WooCommerce has several compatibilities that it offers are listed below.
- Compatible with All Product Subscription Plugin;
- Compatible with Wholesale for WooCommerce;
- Compatible with Donation for WooCommerce;
- Compatible with Google Product Feed;
- Compatible with WooCommerce Bookings;
- Compatible with All Product Subscription plugin;
- Compatible with WooCommerce Subscription.
You now have a better understanding of Currency Switcher for WooCommerce. By integrating a currency switcher plugin, you can boost your sales and drive conversions from potential visitors into loyal customers.
It also builds an emotional element into the visitors’ psyche when they see their native currency by default on the pricing tabs via location fetching.
Follow the complete and detailed process of installing and integrating the currency switcher plugin and build extra comfort for your customers.